All in all, today, vegetarian diet is one of the most popular diets among fitness and nutrition conscious people- especially for weight loss programs.
Normally there are two types of diet patterns followed by people.
- Vegan ones include all fruits, vegetables nuts but exclude all type of animal products.
- Vegetarian diets allow eggs, dairy products with vegetables ,fruits and nuts
A vegetarian plan involves choosing more whole foods like fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats like olive or sunflower oil, skim dairy products.
A typical vegetarian diet is low in saturated fat and high in fiber, complex carbohydrates, and fresh fruit and vegetables. The health benefits of a vegetarian diet are the number-one reason why people choose to follow this way of eating.
Consumption of these foods is associated with a substantially lower risk for many many chronic diseases including certain types of cancer. Such as lung and breast cancer and gallstones.
Other conditions that a vegetarian diet can help to reduce are obesity, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and diverticulitis.
If you already have type 2 diabetes and/or renal disease the benefits of a vegetarian diet are tremendous.
These diet plans help you to normalize your weight. They offer slow, steady weight reduction rather than quick weight loss.
There are a number of vegetarian diet plans available on the market.
Two are listed below:
Zen To Slim Weight Loss Plan
This diet plan starts with a slow gradual exercise in daily routine that intensifies gradually. It encourage the dieters to replace fatty and sugary foods with lighter, healthier less greasy and versions .The next step is to have 6 small meals a day rather than 3 heavy meals.
As the changes limitations occur gradually the followers of this diet plan feel less restricted and thus adhere faithfully to this diet plan.
Vegetarian Diet for Life is an eating plan that can help you lose weight and keep it off. It can help you lose weight gradually and safely. The diet is low-fat, goes easy on protein and provides a vast array of recipes.
Some Vegetables high in fiber burn fat because of the Negative Calorie Effect (they require more calories to digest the fiber they contain). Whereas there are others that work by stimulating a Thermogenic effect which is similar to the Negative Calorie Effect as they cause an increase in the metabolic rate based upon the amount of heat generated during the process of digestion.
Although vegetarian diet plans have been proven to help in weight loss but poor meal planning can cause nutritional deficiencies in vegetarian diets. You may miss important nutrients due to a POORLY DESIGNED diet plan such as follows:
- Proteins provided by Plant foods are not considered complete because they do not provide all of the necessary amino acids. The way to make them complete proteins is to combine Beans, seeds, nuts, and grains.
- Iron deficiency is commonly observed in vegetarians. But they can either go for iron supplements or increase the consumption of iron rich products such as spinach.
- Vitamin B12 is naturally found only in animal products. Vegans should either take supplements or include fortified soya products, cereals and brewers yeast in their diet.
- Zinc is available in plentiful quantities in legumes, nuts and grains. However if a deficiency is observed it can compensated by the intake zinc supplements daily.
Well-balanced vegetarian diets have been approved for all stages of life, including pregnant and lactating women, children, adolescents, the elderly population, and competitive athletes. However, inclusion of exercise and regular physical activity can really boost this weight loss mechanism, ensuring faster results in a small period of time.